House Leader – L’Arche Wavecrest
L’Arche Wavecrest is in search of a Live-in Full-Time House Leader (Includes Room and Board) in Orange County, California.
L’Arche is an intentional and inclusive community, grounded in spirituality, that celebrates, respects and welcomes the diversity of everyone’s gifts: joy, dignity, love, compassion, and hope. The Home Leader facilitates the topics of personal growth/support, spirituality, and community lives of each of our four high-functioning clients “Core Members” happening within the home. This person is to provide consistency and continuity in the lives of the Core Members.
- Help plan celebrations, leisure activities, trips, prayer, community nights, retreats, one-on-one outings with Core Members, other assistants and House Leader.
- Share household responsibilities including cooking, cleanliness and maintenance of house, upkeep of community vehicles, transportation for Core Members, and record keeping.
- Welcome guests and visitors into the home. Be an ambassador for L’Arche Wavecrest through experiences with local community events, social media, religious affiliations, and volunteers.
- Schedule and supervise Assistants working in the home.
- Become familiar with and live by the L’Arche Rules of Cooperation.
- Develop supportive relationships with families of Core Members, neighbors, and professional human service workers (case workers, health care providers, counselors)
This is a dynamic role that requires a capable, creative, and community-oriented individual.
Apply Now Share Job Post