L’Arche USA is looking for a Digital Communications Manager to join our External Affairs team. The role is ideal for someone who likes working with digital media and wants to put their talents towards a worthy cause. As a key member of the External Affairs team, the Digital Communications Manager is responsible for the implementation of L’Arche USA’s public outreach, including managing our social media and online presences. The role also involves curating digital newsletters for both external and internal audiences.
We are a small non-profit; so this position wears many hats. Such varied responsibilities make this role exciting and perfect for a self-starter who likes to learn new things. The ideal candidate is also passionate about making the world a more inclusive place. L’Arche is best known and experienced through our relationships and stories; this may be the place for you if you appreciate the power and beauty of a well-told story. Part of L’Arche’s mission is to help people grow in and explore their own spirituality. L’Arche is open to people of all faiths and no faith. This role does not require someone who identifies as spiritual or religious, but to succeed in the role, the candidate should be comfortable communicating spiritual themes.
This is a full-time position with generous benefits, including substantial Paid Time Off and robust personal and professional development offerings.
Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the ideal candidate has the necessary motivation, skills, and experience to carry out the following responsibilities:
• Social media: regular postings, boosted social media campaigns, and new platform exploration.
• Digital newsletters: curation of content and newsletter layout and design.
• Website: new content, website maintenance, content curation, and new page development.
• Audiences: management of audience databases for various publications and communications.
• Online and social media marketing campaigns: implementation of marketing campaigns, including advising on content and campaign strategy for the purposes of fundraising, recruitment, and public awareness.
• Content libraries: curate and develop online content repositories to empower local communities’ outreach and fundraising efforts.
• Intranet: assist in the development and implementation of a member intranet.
• Print marketing campaigns: assist with the development and implementation of print fundraising campaigns.
The ideal candidate for the Digital Communications Manager position is excited by and committed to working for a non-profit with a great mission. The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Experience managing a non-profit or corporate social media account
• Experience with website development and upkeep, particularly with WordPress-based sites
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
• A creative mindset with a willingness to grow and explore new skills
• The desire to work for a mission-driven organization
• The readiness to collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders
• Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly related to technology challenges
• Strong attention to detail
• An adherence to deadlines
• The ability to multitask, prioritize and stay organized
• Experience working in a client-facing role, like customer support or customer success (preferred)
• Experience working with remote team members (preferred)
• A college degree (preferred)
• Experience with graphic design, videography, or photography (preferred)
• Local to Portland, Oregon (preferred)
This position is based in Portland, Oregon
Send your full application (cover letter, resume, relevant work samples, compensation requirements, and three professional references) to Theo Latiolais, L’Arche USA’s Director of External Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
L’Arche USA acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, identities, and experiences.
L’Arche is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. L’Arche does not discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.Share Job Post