Accountable to: Outreach Coordinator
General: In conjunction with Outreach Coordinator, the Outreach Specialist supports the planning and implementation of Welcome Center programming, including classes and activities. Guided by the mission and the charter of L’Arche Tahoma Hope, the Outreach Specialist works closely with the Outreach Team, which includes the Director, Coordinator and Assistant, to provide inclusive activities for people of all abilities.
Program Scope and Location: The Outreach Coordinator works in the L’Arche Tahoma Hope main office and Welcome Center located south of Tacoma during regular business hours and when events require work to be performed in the evening several times per month. The Outreach Coordinator is part of the Outreach and office teams.
Quality of Experience for all participants:
● Create and maintain relationships with program participants and their families.
● Lead inclusive activities that encourage engagement with one another and individual skill-building for participants
of all abilities.
● Support implementation of guidelines and expectations for program participants.
● Use communication tools and processes for participants to utilize to connect with others and follow directions.
● Provide welcome and help orient all participants.
● Ensure a safe and inclusive environment that balances risk with opportunities for growth.
● Create opportunities for participants to give feedback and input on program design.
Quality of Work Experience for Staff and Volunteers:
● Support all program staff, guest teachers and volunteers to know how to support participants in the activities
● Assemble necessary class materials and equipment
● Photograph activities and upload for future use
● Attend resource fairs and other events to connect with potential new families, volunteers and partners
● Create and distribute monthly schedules and flyers; populate the online calendar
● Help maintain scholarship, membership and payment records
● Track attendance and other relevant participant paperwork and data
● Help document the curriculum for each class and activity
● Participate in debriefing after classes and activities to capture lessons learned
● Ensure program revenue is logged and handled according to money management protocols
● Model the Rules of Cooperation and foster cooperative relationships
● Participate in monthly assistant formation
● Show flexibility and responsiveness to participant needs and adjust program plans accordingly
● Commit to the mission and philosophy of L’Arche
● Show willingness to take on other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualities Needed:
● Experience supporting people with a variety of abilities
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Energized and animated
● Effective organizational abilities
● Experience with social media platforms and online hosting services
● Ability to self-manage and to focus on the needs of others
● Ability to listen to both verbal and non-verbal communication
● Committed to one’s own personal and professional development
● Has knowledge of/is willing to learn about the mission and philosophy of L’Arche
● Ability to use Microsoft Office software products and standard email programs
● At least 21 years of age; 2-year college degree or higher preferred
● Authorized to work in the United States
● Able to commit to program hours as scheduled by the Outreach Team
Trainings/Certifications Required: (Can be completed upon hire)
● CPR/First Aid
● Ability to pass a 2-step TB test or show evidence of appropriate therapies
● WA State Food Handler’s Card
● WA State Background Clearance and Federal Fingerprints
● Additional L’Arche Orientation
Full time (35-40 hrs/wk) position with benefits. Wage dependent on qualifications. To apply, email a cover letter specific to this position and a resume to email@example.com by Monday, June 26th.Download PDF Share Job Post