Outreach and Engagement Coordinator | L’Arche Greater Washington, D.C.
L’Arche GWDC is a non-profit organization committed to creating inclusive communities where people with and without intellectual disabilities live, work, and celebrate together. We believe in the inherent dignity of every individual and strive to build a more compassionate and inclusive society.
Position Overview: L’Arche GWDC is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to join our team. The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will play a pivotal role in expanding our organization’s impact by fostering meaningful connections within the broader community, building partnerships, attracting donors, and mobilizing volunteers. This role is ideal for a passionate and proactive individual who is committed to the values of inclusivity, compassion, and social change.
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator supports the Development Team. The role will be supervised by the Director of Development and Communications, and collaborate with the Development Coordinator, Friendship Builder, and Communications Coordinator. The role will have invitations to participate in the daily life of the L’Arche community through celebrations and dinners, as desired.
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
- 3-5 years of experience, and/or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferred. (e.g., nonprofit management, social work, communications).
- Proven experience in community outreach, partnership development, and networking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn from and work with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Fundraising experience, including donor cultivation and stewardship, is a plus.
- Keen public speaking and presentation skills.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and values of L’Arche GWDC.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work some regular evenings, 1-2 weekend days/month, and flexible to schedule events as required by partners and community life.
- Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record review, and with training, safely drive L’Arche vehicles
- 50% Community Networking and Partnership Building:
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders in the community, including local businesses, faith communities, schools, and other organizations.
- Establish and nurture partnerships and collaborations that align with L’Arche GWDC’s mission and goals.
- Act as a liaison between L’Arche GWDC and external organizations to foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Organize and plan community building events.
- 30% Donor Pipeline Development:
- Research and identify potential donors, both individual and institutional, who are aligned with L’Arche’s mission.
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate and steward donors, ensuring long-term support for the organization.
- Maintain accurate donor records and contribute to fundraising efforts.
- Assist team with donor cultivation, specifically new donors and younger donors.
- 10% Outreach Presentations:
- Collaborate with L’Arche core members to develop and deliver compelling presentations to various audiences, including faith communities, businesses, and local organizations, to raise awareness about L’Arche GWDC’s mission and programs.
- Inspire authentic engagement, relationships and support, through tailored presentations that resonate with specific audiences.
- Effectively communicate the impact and success stories of L’Arche GWDC.
- 10% Volunteer Management:
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers who contribute to the organization’s outreach and engagement efforts.
- Ensure that volunteers are motivated, engaged, and aligned with L’Arche’s identity and mission.
- $20-$30/hr based on relevant experience with opportunities for annual raises.
- Platinum and low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful and fulfilling work in a mission-driven organization.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment, including tools for effective work such as, laptop, phone, in-person (3-5 days/week) and virtual work options.
- Professional and personal development opportunities, including local and national retreats and trainings.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to email, Caitlin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org, include a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest, along with a response to the following prompt. “Describe an effort you were a part of, and the results, that engaged people in a mission important to you.”
L’Arche GWDC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Download PDF Share Job Post