Finance Coordinator – L’Arche USA
At the heart of L’Arche are people of all abilities, who build relationships of mutual respect and friendship in which the value of each person is celebrated, and difference is welcomed. To learn more about L’Arche and its people, watch one of these videos.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, L’Arche USA is the umbrella organization for 17 L’Arche communities across the United States and is itself a member of L’Arche International.
Position Summary: The Finance Coordinator is a full-time (1.0 FTE) role, reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration. The role focuses on two critical operational areas: 1) finance and accounting support to the Director of Finance and Administration 2) administrative support for daily office operations. This is an hourly, nonexempt position based at the L’Arche USA National Office in Portland, OR.
Candidate Profile: The Finance Coordinator will bring a combination of proven finance and accounting experience along with a background in administrative support. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, an attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to work effectively and independently with both local and remote team members. This person would have a working knowledge of nonprofit finances, including A/P, A/R, grant reporting, financial statements, audit preparation, general ledger, budgeting, and month and year end closing. The future Finance Coordinator is passionate about L’Arche’s mission and possibilities.
Key Responsibilities: Finance (70%)
- Coordinate the weekly review and mailing of all checks to vendors and following up on billing issues
- Open mail weekly with Director of Finance & Administration; endorse and log all checks following office procedure, scan and electronically file bills
- Manage accounts payable and receivable finance paperwork and filing, including organizing files and annual archiving. Enter transactions into QuickBooks
- Create and distribute invoices to customers, respond to vendor inquiries and questions
- Coordinate visa statement reconciliations
- Assist with yearly financial audit preparation and reporting
- Perform quarterly QuickBooks/donor database reconciliations
- Create and distribute quarterly financial reports to program managers
- Support Finance Committee meetings, including recording and distributing meeting minutes
- Support annual budgeting and community fee recalculation processes
- Support development team with grant reporting and tracking
- Assist with bank statement reconciliation and approval process
- Coordinate national event accounting and invoicing
- Support Director of Finance and Administration in all aspects of financial management, reporting, and forecasting
- Assist with bookkeeping needs of the L’Arche USA Foundation
Key Responsibilities: Office Administrative Support (30%)
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Director of Finance and Administration, including communications to L’Arche USA communities and staff, preparation of mailings, memos, and reports
- Assist with all administrative and logistical aspects of national office
- Respond to general external inquiries and/or forward to the appropriate team member
- Update and distribute organizational calendars, and other informational materials
- Support national team technology needs, including shared file space, common calendars, collaborative software, etc.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files
- Assist with basic HR support, including benefit administration, enrollment facilitation, creation of annual benefit summaries, new employee onboarding, PTO tracking and other related tasks
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration with ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal agencies
- Take the lead to ensure that national event venues are booked in advance and act as primary contact with event staff. Manage registrations, logistics and evaluations
- Commitment to the mission of L’Arche to create community with and quality services for people with intellectual disabilities
- 3-5 years previous related work experience, nonprofit support work preferred
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting procedures and fiscal management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks required; experience with SharePoint, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams desired
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and prioritize
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including fluency in English
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized, responsible, and team-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with and support remote-based members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position for most of their day. They must be able to operate a computer and be able to communicate with coworkers and vendors remotely and in person. They will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, copy machine, etc.
How to Apply: Send your full application (cover letter, resume, and compensation requirement) to Andrew Callahan, L’Arche USA Director of Finance & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Salary is $20-$22/hour depending on experience, including a generous benefit package with health, dental, vision, 401k, and 4+ weeks of paid time off annually.
Download PDF Share Job Post