Development Director – L’Arche Chicago
You love meeting new people and listening to their stories. Making connections comes naturally to you. Inviting individuals, foundations, corporations, and businesses into the work of L’Arche through their financial support excites you. You thrive in a highly collaborative environment yet can take initiative in starting and completing projects. You are gifted at building relationships and want to share the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities. You are forward-looking, ready to work to gather the support needed to help L’Arche to grow. You have innovative ideas and a strong sense of initiative. People like your sense of humor and your entrepreneurial spirit. Your personal mission and purpose are driving your choices and activities. You have a strong desire to help us all learn to welcome difference and celebrate the gifts of each person. This profile fits you? Then join the L’Arche Chicago team!
- Craft an innovative development plan that includes new and existing fundraising strategies, priorities, and timelines.
- Lead efforts for an upcoming capital campaign to construct a fourth residential home.
- Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors; meet in-person with donors to nurture relationship and make specific financial asks, as the face of L’Arche Chicago.
- Use wealth screening information and other research to create individual cultivation and solicitation plans for all active and prospective donors.
- Review fundraising key performance indicators and revenue goals quarterly.
- Explore potential new civic and corporate donor relations, including new local business relationships for in-kind and financial support.
- Coordinate grant proposals, applications, and reporting requirements with L’Arche’s contracted grant writer.
- Leverage L’Arche’s fundraising database to find and develop data-related measurements and goals as well as maintain its donor entries to be accurate and processed effectively.
- Lead our three annual signature fundraising events.
- Create a development team with members of the Board of Directors to effectively harness L’Arche’s donor potential.
- Facilitate staff, board and volunteer participation in fundraising efforts through the cultivation of a philanthropic culture within L’Arche Chicago.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Embraces the mission and values of L’Arche.
- Excellent oral and written communication. A good storyteller.
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Accurate and attention to detail.
- Highly collaborative style; ability to serve as a unifying force.
- Self-starter and flexible; able to work independently and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and
implementing new initiatives.
- Experience with an email automation service, a website publishing platform, a donor database, and
social media management strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter expressing interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until July 20, 2021.
Download PDF Share Job Post